Sunday, April 09, 2006

Delhi Summer

Summers in Delhi are special. They are very different from other summers in other cities, with its own unique taste and texture and feel that you have to live before you love. I for one am yet to love.

For me so far, it has only been a miserable and oppressive sunlight that beats down on you, dust that rises to resettle in your skin and hair at the slightest breath of movement, noise of heavy traffic that permeats the shimmering glint of heat, reflections of smoldering tarmac and harried people trying to find shade, jostling you in the streets... Essentially I am hot, bothered and in all probability dehydrated as well.

"Lovable no doubt, but a dried out prune all the same" in the words of someone, who from above statement, is obviously quite wisdomous... Actually what he said was "Ohh I LOVE prunes!!!" with a great deal of enthusiasm, when I complained of resembling one off late. I figure mathematic rules of "if a=b, and b=c then a=??" should apply to language as well. Also I'm much starved for compliments these days, and vanity does not let me sleep in peace.


...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wisdomous does make sense...you know wot nisha..youre jus makin me miss delhi more......i prefer dry heat to humidity any day!

buttermuffin said...

I know you miss delhi man.. I'll spend some 2 weeks in Chennai myself, before I start missing here too.. If you're still in town then we can cry together and all :P:P
Anyway, I din't put this up to get you all mopey, it's just I have an OCDish habit of complaining and lusting after things I cannot have(just yet).. In this case my humid(NOT) haven called home..

P.S - stop reading majorly wisdomousish meaning into all my statements.. You guess too darned well for my comfort!