Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sleeplessness adores me,
It keeps coming back for more
I see myself basking in the glow of my nightlamp

or pacing my room..
Dreaming open eyed,
Click-clacking back and forth on my keyboard,
Staring at a meaninglesss jumble of words appearing on the screen.
As the moonlight streams in my window
and the clock races towards dawn,
Every now and then i find,
Once again, I'm counting the cracks on my ceiling,
Or ticking of chores on a mental to-do list;
As i turn over, roll back and forth - restless.
I must be addicted to the quiet, ghostly midnight hours,
When the world sleeps - conquered by slumber.
When crickets screech - their eerie sounds magnified
And the leaves of trees rustle in the wind.
For sooner or later, more often sooner than not -
I crave the caresses of a lumpy bedspread.

4 comments:

Malaika said...

Love it...glad I stumbled in here

Buttermuffin??? smile

buttermuffin said...

haha.. its fairly new. old blog decided to shut down.
very addictive this. :)

wake said...

brilliant but u almost made me senti!
love your new blog BUTTER MUFFIN:)

buttermuffin said...

wake(puchi :P) ur a total nutcase.. u know that!! what is senti abt insomnia exactly? glad u love the blog.. meanwhile i love you. :)