Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tomorrow I know,
will be glorious-
a cherry blossom morning.
When only tonight,
the darkness spills,
like ink,
across the skies.

So that memories of then,
when
we reached for each other,
Your fingers brushing away sleep,
lips awakening desire,
waltz across the shadows
that stir awake,
in the delicious sweep
of sleep

Those ardent whispers,
fevered, urgent,
lie tangled inside,
safe within my breast.
While the rest of me
breathes in,
the scent of you,
from off my pillow.

When the lights fade,
I know,
I will find more verse -
To sing over and over,
in a stubborn sort of longing
until you
are with me again.

And I could live this way,
in deep belief,
forever.
Letting the fires of love
warm me,
before I let their flames
consume,
my muted tempesteous world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

told you to write dint i.....SEE.....I....inspire brilliance...and YOU....are inspired....and TOGETHER....we can be brilliantly inspirational!haha...i like it....typical nisha!!.... ;) :P

buttermuffin said...

You idiot! This blog is supposed to be anonymous! Now thanks to u its anything but.. And dont just take credit for the things(people :P) I love that inspire me to say I love them either! Hmpf..
But thank you anyway.. You do wonders for my ego as a trying writer. And I do mean trying..

Anonymous said...

hheee....guess who...im anonymous...!!...and your tryin i know...but when youre rich and rolling in money ...(which you already are!!)....i want a part of the royalties....AS THE "INSPIRER"!

buttermuffin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.